Help our Fond du Lac community unite in action. NO MORE silence. NO MORE violence.
November 5 – 8, 2018 | 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. each day
Thelma Sadoff Center for the Arts, Café
$50/participant (covers curriculum and materials provided, lunch and refreshments)
Everyone in our community has the power and potential to be an ally in preventing and ending violence.
WHY is this so critical?
- Reduction and prevention of violence require critical mass engagement of our community and sustained culture change
- This community program moves beyond working with the usual allies of rape crisis centers and domestic violence programs – stressing the importance of community wide support for violence prevention. Individuals strategically participating include:
- Hair salons & stylist
- Bartenders & wait staff
- HR professionals
- Large corporations and small businesses
- Nonprofits and community service organizations
What is Green Dot?
Green Dot is a leading community-focused bystander training program which trains participants skills, strategies and proactive behaviors to be effective bystanders. Participants will leave the four day training certified to teach others how to safely intervene and be allies in preventing and ending violence.
Expectations of certification:
Green Dot Bystander Certified Community participants will have the greatest impact & success if/when they:
- are competent and enthusiastic about putting their new knowledge and skills to good use in the Fond du Lac community in order to make a difference in the collaborative work to end domestic violence and sexual assault.
- have public speaking experience and/or are very comfortable speaking in public.
- at a minimum, complete two Green Dot Bystander Action presentations each year in the 3 years following their training. However, each certified trainee will work with the FDL Area Women’s Fund and Green Dot to determine the optimal presentation number to provide the greatest impact in each industry/profession
- engage in occasional webinars, calls, etc. with Green Dot representatives, other FDL Green Dot certified participants, and with the Fond du Lac Area Women’s Fund after training in order to stay up-to-date on skills, resources.
- report back on their activities and coordinated events each year.
Help us put more “green dots” on the map in our community. Be the change and help us reach our goal of reducing the number of violent incidents in Fond du Lac.